Naturopathic medicine is a philosophy of treating the whole person. The following principles are the foundational differences between an ND and an MD.
• First of all, to do no harm.
• To act in cooperation with the Healing Power of Nature.
• To address the fundamental causes of disease.
• To heal the whole person through individualized treatment.
• To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine.
Naturopaths are trained in all the same sciences as an MD plus have extensive training in herbal medicine, homeopathy, nutrition, counseling, and physical medicine. We always start with the smallest impacting treatment, because we want to assist the bodies natural healing ability to get back in balance.
As an ND, I treat the whole person so people begin to see an improvement in the way they feel, their energy levels increase, sleep quality improves, and their overall outlook on life improves.
As ND’s we are able to treat all type’s of conditions, including but not limited to: peri and post menopause, weight concerns, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, autoimmune diseases, eczema, IBS, Crohn’s disease, allergies, fibromyalgia as well as doing sports physicals, and women’s and men’s annual exams.